Saturday, September 17, 2011

When You Decide To Change Your Life, Your Life Starts To Change

I just recently replied to a comment sharing a little bit about the story of my 2 year old daughter and my decision to remove junk food from my life. This happened 8 days ago and there is not a day that I don't wonder about that unopened bag of candy I threw away and wonder if someone was able to enjoy the goodies inside but I start to think back to the 4 empty wrappers of ice-cream pop and my daughters body covered in melted ice cream and it reminds me that I made the right decision.

When I see her grab for the red waxed cheese instead of the chips, or grab for the orange instead of the ice cream or cookies I know in my heart that I made the right decision.

When I was growing up, I had always had an issue with my mom because she was overweight and I couldn't understand it. When I became overweight after having my son, I sunk into a deep depression because I had become everything that I never wanted to be. At this time I didn't know anything about being able to change your life if you were not happy with it. All I could see was my failure and my loss (of my great looking body) and it was even hard for me to enjoy being a mom.

This lasted for years.

Today, I am still overweight, but I am making changes in my life each day to help me to move forward and I know that it will take time but that is OK, because one day I will be a healthy body weight and I will be the person I have always wanted to be. Not the person I was before because that person was vain and I didn't like her that much anyway. Rather, I am going to be someone that my children could look up to and I could be proud to say that I am.

When I think about the new me, it gives me all the motivation that I need to push forward. I walk everyday now, I eat better, I eat smaller portions, and I lift small weights to build up my arm strength. I started taking martial arts classes and in the warmer weathers my son and I go biking together. He is a lot faster than me of course but that is OK.

He has fun when we go out together and I can see in his eyes that he is proud of me. In fact, he even said so...When you decide to change your life, your life starts to change and that is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment